Here is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe in less than 6 steps.
Over the years, I’ve tried numerous classic chocolate chip cookie recipes in search of the very best recipe out there. I actually became obsessed by which recipe worked and which one didn’t. Eventually, I came up with this recipe that I perfected on my own with the cookies coming out delicious, chewy, and thick!
Every year for the holiday season, I make these tasty cookies for Salty Dog’s crew at work. This recipe is as easy as can be and comes out perfect everytime I make them. Not only are these the best chocolate chip cookies ever but they will stay fresh for days inside a re-closable bag or air-tight container.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
7 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/4 cups of milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans or walnuts (optional but highly recommended)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and ling 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Or you can spray the pans with a non-stick spray. In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
2. In a large bowl, beat together with an electric mixer on medium speed, the butter and sugars until it is smooth.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and mix on a low speed until mixed in. Then add the flour mixture gradually and mix until incorporated.
4. Using a spoon, stir in the chocolate chips. Chill dough if it is warm to firm up.
5. Using an ice cream scooper, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake one sheet at a time until the bottom and edges are lightly browned. The top of the cookie will feel firm when lightly touched.
Smaller cookies bake in 7-10 minutes
Larger cookies bake in 10-14 minutes
6. Let the cookies cool for 3 minutes on the pan before transferring them to a wire rack or parchment paper.